Borderline Retarded

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Merry Day After Christmas!

I am running on fumes right now, but we had a wonderful weekend. I am back to work today.

New baby's daycare is closed, and his Papa and Tutu are watching him for the next couple of days. They wanted to watch old baby too, so we are taking a vacation week for him. I have Thursday and Friday off. Woo hoo!

My parents are going to watch the kids on Thursday, and I am going to try and have a "me" day. We'll see how that goes. I am planning to go see the new Ben Stiller movie, what is it called? Museum somethin........ A Night at the Museum? You know the one I'm talking about. Friday I am bringing the kids around to hubby's office and mine. I guess I like showing them off! Hopefully, I will be able to spend some time with our friends who are visiting from out of state.

Our weekend was jam-packed with activities. Saturday was the BIG Christmas party with my mom's side of the family. She is the oldest of six, and I have a dozen cousins and they have just as many kids. This was our first Christmas without Gran. I had thought it was going to be difficult, but it seemed like we were able to cheer each other up. Whenever someone seemed to be teary-eyed, the children were the ones who brought them back up. Little angels!

Sunday morning saw us back at my parent's house for brunch and to open gifts with my two sisters and my brother in law. By that point, old baby was ready to go back home. We kept telling him we could open up and play with his new toys after we got home. So, as soon as he was finished opening presents, he would say "OK - time to go home!". We tried to explain the true meaning of Christmas, but, he is only 3. Considering, he did an excellent job keeping it together.

We got home around 12:30 on Sunday afternoon, and I started a marathon banana nut bread baking spree. I was able to make 6 loaves before we left to our friend's house in Napa for another party. My hands have been aching since yesterday morning! I must be getting old.

We were at our friend's house until 10:00 that night. Santa even made a visit for our three little ones in the group. It was awesome. He even knew the boys' names and gave them each two gifts. We were able to talk to our friend who lives in Boston. I haven't seen her since old baby was just a month or two old.

Monday was Christmas at my husband's sister's house. Trying to keep up with new baby really wore me out, but I did enjoy myself. My mother in law fell at a friend's house last week. Her ribs were hurting her, so she went to the hospital. A doctor called them the next day to ask if she had been prescribed any antibiotics. This was puzzling, until the doctor said she had been diagnosed with pneumonia. Christmas morning found her back at the hospital because her pain was excrutiating. It turns out she probably doesn't have pneumonia, just a couple of broken ribs. Two doctors looked at her X-ray and knew why she was in the hospital and said she didn't have pneumonia; one doctor who knew nothing about her history looked just at the X-ray and said she had pneumonia because of a dark spot. The other doctors said the dark spot was likely caused because she couldn't take a deep enough breath due to her broken ribs. She and my father in law did eventually make it to the party, and it seemed like they enjoyed themselves. She is quite a trooper!

I fell to the couch in an exhausted heap last night, and finally dragged me butt to bed at about 9:00. I had the most bizarre dreams last night, mostly that my older sister was driving Thomas the Tank Engine, and she kept jumping the tracks and crashing into fields and vineyards.

It will be difficult to focus today; maybe I need a little bit of egg nog to get me going!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home