Borderline Retarded

Monday, December 18, 2006

Thanks to Betty and Tally, we have a fun filled Christmas week ahead of us here at work. They really went all out organizing something fun for every day this week (except Friday, not enough people will be here!).

Today, we had a cookie exchange. 7 people signed up, and we each made 7 dozen cookies. One dozen goes to each person who signed up, and one dozen is for taste testing! It was so much fun! We bought a 5 foot deli sandwich to share, and sampled all the goodies. Maria's cookies really were the best with all sorts of shapes, hand made and hand colored frosting. She even made three special cookies for old baby that look like a train.

I made date filled bar cookies. We also had: frosted sugar cookies, rum balls, peanut butter cookies with a chocolate kiss on top, sugar cookies with Andes mints inside (yum!), "boiled" cookies (really just a mass of chocolate, peanut butter and oats - very tasty), and snickerdoodles. Not a bad haul, and now I have a large variety of cookies for all the holiday parties we will attend this weekend.

Tomorrow we have a "Secret Santa" gift exchange and poltuck. I am planning to make split pea soup for my contribution. I've only made it one time; unfortunately I had 5 teeth pulled (4 wisdom and one molar) the day before. I spent all day making that soup and got violently ill after having a bowl. I think it was a problem with the antibiotic being too hard on my stomach. That was about 10 years ago, and I am just now feeling like I can try pea soup again.

Wednesday we have an "ornament exchange". I think I will check out the Hallmark store at the mall to find something nice.

Thursday we have a breakfast potluck. I am trying to think of something I can bring that will still taste OK if it's not warm. We don't have an oven here at work, and most breakfast items are better warmed up.

We had such a good time today, and I am looking forward to the rest of the week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home