Borderline Retarded

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Thanksgiving time is nearly here! I am so excited, more so than usual this year. We are going to spend the day with my older sister and her husband and my younger sister. We are buying a pre-made meal from Raley's and making side dishes and desserts. The desserts are my arena, and I plan to make a "mystery" pecan pie, a cranberry jello cool whip thing, and bread pudding. The meal comes with a pumpkin pie.

I went with old baby to have a Thanksgiving dinner at his daycare last night. It was fun, if you don't mind sitting on teeny, tiny little chairs and eating at teeny, tiny little tables. I made a crock pot full of au gratin potatoes. I have to admit, they were damn good eats! We have some left over for Thursday.

I am actually taking a five day weekend. My parents have been away on a cruise for a whole month, and are flying in to SFO on Monday. I am going to pick them up, and I decided to take the whole day off work and have a little "me" time. Of course, this will consist of me cleaning the bejeezus out of the house, but that's OK. It is always easier for me to clean when no one else is home. Must be why I never clean!

We are going to have our portraits taken at Sears on Friday as a Christmas gift for our parents. Of course, I wasn't thinking about what it would mean to get our pictures taken the day after Thanksgiving. At Sears. At THE MALL. I am sure I will remember quite quickly why it is that I never leave the house the day after Thanksgiving!

On another note, I am trying to think what to do for new baby's 1st birthday. Can you believe he is going to be one year old on December 10th? Where did the time go!! What a year it has been. I never really thought about the reality of having two kids. I guess it's not something you think about, it's just something you do. I have to say that although I could improve in my time management skills, I seem to have two very happy little boys. What more can a mother ask for? Maybe a happy little girl to go with those two boys?

2 Comments:

  • holy, 1 already? He was just born a month or two ago, i swear! You were just vomiting in your car.... wow.

    By Blogger Squishi, at 2:17 AM  

  • So much to comment on! First of all, when you said Raley's that brought back memories. My Spanish teacher was named Pat Raley and her family owned that store (at least she claimed they did. She also said that she taught Rob Schneider. Who knows?). Do they still sell those sodas/sparkling waters with the weird gel balls in them?

    Second, I can't believe your baby's almost a year already! It's so cool that our son's are so close in age. The time seemed to go by much slower when I was waiting for you to announce his birth.

    Finally, I hope you're enjoying your day off :)

    By Blogger Jomama, at 4:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home