Borderline Retarded

Thursday, December 21, 2006

I kind of miss last Christmas. I had a 2 week old baby, so all I was expected to do was show up.

le sigh

I realized on Monday morning that my left eye was twitching. That usually means I'm stressed out, or I am tired. Or both. After this week's festivites at work, I am certainly less stressed out. Still tired though! Those kids need to stop waking me up at 3:00 in the morning. Today it was old baby crying because he was trying to grab his pillow and blanket and head out into the living room, but his blanket got stuck on the guard rail on his bed. I really need to teach him how to grab the blanket off without getting it stuck. Or, at least not to cry about it when it doesn't go his way. What a baby. (just kidding)

I probably could have gotten back to sleep if new baby didn't start whining about 1/2 hour later. I fell asleep about 10 seconds before my alarm went off at 5:30.

le sigh

Do you feel pity for me yet? Because I can sigh louder if I have to.

I kept hitting the snooze, then finally dragged myself out of bed at 6:00 and realized I'd forgotten to take the garbage out to the curb last night.

New baby finally woke up and started wailing, which only got worse when evil mommy showed up and sucked the snot out of his nose with a bulb syringe. He feels better now, but there is nothing worse than your tiny baby pushing you away with all his might and crying the great big crocodile tears of sadness and woe. He did let me cuddle him while he drank his bottle of milk which is a rare pleasure for me any more. Usually he wiggles away and finds his own little corner to have his bottle.

Everybody seemed in a much better mood after having a chance to wake up. My husband and I shared a kiss which brought the funniest look to old baby's face. I was pointing this out to said husband when he herded me back into the bedroom for a little snuggle. We both wondered if we could call in a sick day.

However, being the upright responsible citizens that we are, we herded the kids out into the cold and made our merry way. We stopped at the grocery store after dropping off the kids so I could grab some OJ and croissant for our breakfast potluck. Thinking of mimosas, I also brought a bottle of chilled Mumm from the fridge.

Somehow, after all that, we still made it to work on time.

4 Comments:

  • "Said husband"? Does that imply another?

    By Blogger KOM, at 2:46 PM  

  • I can hear you sighing from here you know.... hehe

    By Blogger Squishi, at 4:16 PM  

  • Yeah, you sigh now.

    But in 20 years you'll chuckle and miss it.

    By Blogger Kingfisher, at 10:38 AM  

  • Wow! I'm impressed! I struggle enough to get myself up, fed, dressed and off to work. Mornings are what scare me the most about when I have kids....

    By Blogger Melanie Gray Augustin, at 2:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home