Borderline Retarded

Friday, December 08, 2006

Well, I turned 31 on Monday. I don't feel any older. My husband and the kids took me out to Chinese food after work and we had a lovely time. New baby managed to flirt with a table full of teenage boys. What a bunch of softies they were! It was cute. New baby ate a won ton and some of the baby's crackers. He tried some chicken and after chewing for about 30 minutes, he threw up into his tea cup. Yum. We had a wonderful dinner out at a steakhouse with my parents and our friends last Saturday night. It was so good to see everybody!

Tomorrow we are having new baby's 1st birthday party. I have no idea how many people are going to be there, and I have no idea what I'm going to feed them. Oh well! We'll have cake, and my older sister is bringing her fabulous broccoli salad. I should probably find something in between the two extremes.

I have been feeling rather poorly this week. I had a massive headache starting in the middle of the night Tuesday night. Wednesday I left early from work, and I ended up taking Thursday off too. I was hoping to get a little bit if housework done, but I have been experiencing some difficulty getting motivated. I cleaned the boy's room spic and span, and I couldn't even muster up any pride in a job well done. Normally once I get going I am unstoppable, but I really could have cared less. I have a lot of housework to miraculously accomplish between now and 3:00 tomorrow afternoon. Luckily, my husband makes a good cleaning partner. Hopefully I can get it all done tonight, and sleep in tomorrow morning. Wish me luck!

2 Comments:

  • I hope you're feeling better, Robyn. We've been suffering from the creeping crud over in our household. Everybody keeps getting sick. And it will sap all the life and motivation right out of you! Get better soon and belated happy birthday.

    Helen
    Cynical Woman

    By Blogger Helen, at 5:41 PM  

  • BROCOLLI SALAD? That's only slightly less worse sounding than Asparagus and Brussels Sprout salad! I think I shall try to erase that thought out of my mind.

    But most importantly, Happy Birthday to you! :) I hope you had a fantastic birthday and that new baby has a fantastic 1st birthday too! Lots of prezzies and hugs all round! :))

    By Blogger Squishi, at 3:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home