Borderline Retarded

Saturday, June 25, 2005

What, me square?

So I took the "What 60's personality are you?" quiz, and it said I was a square. I kind of huffed for about 1/2 a second, then shrugged my shoulders and said, Meh. They were right! What I thought was hilarious was the picture they used to represent the "square" as seen below:



I remembered my first holy communion, and I was wearing the exact same bonnet!



And then, because I didn't want you to think it was merely a coincidence, I rumaged through my parent's photo albums until I found this picture of me and my big sis at Easter:



My sister and I had matching dresses like that until we were probably teenagers. They were all gifts from my grandparents, and I loved them! What was great is that I never outgrew them, because I would get my sister's dresses as hand-me-downs. I loved everything with frills and petticoats. I always wanted to be dressed like "Little House on the Prairie" or basically any era that required ginormous skirts and high collars.

3 Comments:

  • Cute bonnets!

    By Blogger Passerby A, at 7:18 AM  

  • Ohmy - it's the handmedownsistersyndrome thing!

    I had 2 older sisters, who inherited clothing from two older again cousins... so by the time the clothes got to me they were around 7 years out of date. *sigh*

    Funnily enough there were always 2 matching dresses in everything - my aunt used to dress her two girls exactly the same ALL the time.

    I have some truly tragic photos too. hehe

    By Blogger Squishi, at 4:58 PM  

  • We also had random hand me downs from anybody who would hand them over. My mom hated to buy new anything for us. It was a draw between Kmart or hand me downs - didn't make for very fashionable school years for me, and I have never quite recovered!

    By Blogger Robyn, at 8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home