Borderline Retarded

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

It's a Girl Thing......

So, I've been thinking a lot lately about women who get away with anything, simply because they are women. We were watching Seinfeld last night, and Jerry was dating this good looking blonde, and he turned into a right bastard and used her horribly to get out of everything from speeding tickets to paying for crappy cigars.

I have never had this power. Part of me is proud that I am self-sufficient enough to rely on myself, but every now and again it would be so nice to be able to get away with something just by batting my eyelashes or quivering my bottom lip. I know there are some of you out there who have used and abused this power, and I want to hear about it! Tell me your craziest stories and what you got away with. Guys, this is not a bitch fest for you . This is simply for me to bask in someone else's glory and ponder the intricacies of the female of the species.

6 Comments:

  • I get away with murder when I give absolutely lousy presentations to foreign delegations that visit the organisation that I work for. Even my own boss who is sitting in the room doesn't know what I'm talking about.

    The delegates are either too polite, too busy smiling at me, or too tired from the flight in... and they just nod every now and then.

    At the end of the talk, they even give me a nice meeting gift. ;P

    By Blogger Passerby A, at 5:23 PM  

  • I've only managed to use the female advantage to get help - like when stranded by the side of the road by one of the many clunker cars I've had over the years.

    But I had a friend a few years back that managed to avoid what would have been a DUI if the cop had been paying more attention. When the cop approached the window she started bawling her eyes out, mainly because she was scared to death, but she managed to come up with a story about having just caught her boyfriend with another girl, blah blah blah... and just like that, she was sent on her way with no ticket or anything.

    And the cop was female!

    By Blogger MelTheFruitFly, at 9:09 PM  

  • Fruitfly - Oh my God! That is the craziest thing ever!

    I have to believe that if I get a flat nobody is going to pull over to help me, except the nice toothless motorcycle men. They are always around when you need them!

    I don't like to be bought drinks when I go out, because it distracts from my friend or whoever I'm out with. Usually I say, sure I'll take a Coke. Hopefully they will get the hint and mozy along.

    By Blogger Robyn, at 9:18 AM  

  • nope - i try hard NOT to use it to my advantage unless it's something i want to get away with at work - like not lifting the 100 boxes of paper delivered.

    "But it says in the OH&S handbook and the staff handbook that females shouldn't lift heavy objects". Damn it's good to be an OH&S officer too for that reason :)

    By Blogger Squishi, at 4:19 PM  

  • Hmm...I only use my Girl Powers on my husband...

    I think I inadvertently got out of a ticket back in college. I got a 'warning' instead. It *might* have helped that I had very short cut-offs and had put my wallet in the trunk amidst my panties. (I didn't do it on purpose...I just threw the wallet in my bag...I was seriously embarrassed when I realized where it was!)

    By Blogger PSUMommy, at 10:04 AM  

  • That is hilarious!

    By Blogger Robyn, at 9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home