Borderline Retarded

Friday, June 17, 2005

T.G.I.F.U.

I am the payroll manager for a company that employees roughly 600 employees country wide. All things considered, my job is very low key and low stress. I have little if nothing to complain about. I like my job. However, all it takes is for one screwball asshole jerk to ruin an entire day. Do you hate it when the jerk actually says, "I'm not trying to be a jerk here....", and you want to say, "Well, for someone trying not to be a jerk, you're not doing a very good job", but instead you say, "I understand. I'll take care of it". I don't know this guy, but I know this guy. He will get off the phone with me, and smack his "girl" on the ass as he leaves to go play golf for the rest of the day, and joke to his friends about the bimbo he told where to stick it.
OK - I have that out of my system. Now I can go back to thinking about the hundreds of satisfied men and women who love and adore me. It is so cool being the payroll lady! Not a single person at this company has ever been rude or unkind to me. You gotta love that. I truly am the luckiest person around! Did I mention I tend to be rather optimistic at times?

5 Comments:

  • I'm so envious of you. You deal with one creepo a day. I have to deal with huge egomaniacs everyday. I'm thinking of quitting but I have serve my scholarship bond or pay up S$10K for liquidating damages. Another year to go and I'm free... ;P

    By Blogger Passerby A, at 1:24 AM  

  • hah you didn't mention that, but KOM did !

    I do HR and payroll. So I get an equal dose of everyone liking and hating me =) maybe I should specialize ?

    By Blogger Lisa, at 6:01 AM  

  • I don't think I like the use of the word "jerk" in this story. I would NEVER smack my girl on the ass and then go play golf!

    Go play video games maybe, but NOT golf.

    By Blogger Jerk Of All Trades 2.0, at 4:37 PM  

  • Well I guess my job is completely stress free. I work at a pizza slut actually I mannage a pizza slut. I am not the BIG DOG mannager who has to catch shit, but I am high enough to just hang up on retards that think talking smack to the person that is going to make their pizza is a good idea. ::I digress:: Think about it, we know who you are when you call back to place an order while trying not to be the ass that just cussed me out for being charged $18.18 instead of $17.49, we know your phone number idiots.

    By Blogger THEMARSHAL, at 8:59 PM  

  • J - sorry about the "jerk" reference. I was assuming you would know I wasn't refering to you in particular. I don't think I would ever to anything to require your jerkness headed my way!

    And Marshal - I'll take a large pepperoni. Thanks.

    By Blogger Robyn, at 9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home