Borderline Retarded

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Free drinks for ladies with nuts.....

I went to lunch today at this Mexican food joint with one of my co-workers. I excused myself to use the ladies room, and I was amused by the following sign:

"Please DO NOT throw tolit paper in the tolit. Please throw it in the garbage can"

At first I was chuckling to myself, because "toilet" was misspelled, and I am easily amused. Then, I actually read the sign...and thought, eewww. That's kind of gross for a restaurant, right? I kind of expected to go out and see this sign above the sink....

"Please DO NOT wash hands in the sink. Use the tolit"

7 Comments:

  • My wife is Mexican and I think I have finally broken her of her habit of throwing her tolit paper in the tolit. But when I go visit the in-laws I have to throw my used tolit paper in the wastebasket.

    By Blogger Yawn, at 3:51 PM  

  • Remind me to pass up leftovers from wherever that was.

    By Blogger KOM, at 4:02 PM  

  • I have half a chimichanga leftover. I guess I'll have to eat it then!

    By Blogger Robyn, at 4:14 PM  

  • it sounds like something i saw recently on www.engrish.com (sorry about the advertising there).

    Broken English just cracks me up something chronic!

    By Blogger Squishi, at 4:21 PM  

  • KOM will have to plagarize some of the badly translated into English signs from other countries in this book he has. They are a riot!

    By Blogger Robyn, at 4:32 PM  

  • Man, I'm pretty sure that has to be a health code violation. Ewwww!!!

    By Blogger Reese The Law Girl, at 10:41 AM  

  • a late comment, but i just came upon your blog: in central and south america, the plumbing cannot take any toilet paper without exploding. i have caused many a problem in many a hotel because i can never remember to throw my paper in the trash and not the "tolit". it's just a cultural thing. at least they provide a garbage can for it, which if you think about it is not that bad, when you consider all the poopy diapers that must be in restaurant trash cans everywhere.

    By Blogger laura, at 4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home