Borderline Retarded

Saturday, June 25, 2005

Pregnancy Update

I want to thank everyone for sending their warm fuzzies this way regarding my pregnancy. I appreciate all of your encouragement!

I was having some wicked morning sickness until a week ago - and now it seems to be slacking off. I am trying not to be too excited about that. My last pregnancy I was sick the whole nine months, and I had to give myslef insulin shots every night because I had gestational diabetes. The blood sugar levels are normal so far, but I'm sure I will be tested again in about 5 weeks.

I am just starting my second trimester. I can still fit into most of my clothes, but those days are growing shorter! One bonus - my boobs have gotten huge(er?). KOM says he can't tell, but I can!

This time around I am at ease, and feel less stressed out and worried. I guess having a little one running around helpes keep your mind off the troublesome things. Also, the scariest part about my last pregnancy was the labor and delivery part. But, I've not forgotten too much - so I'm not as worried this time around. Nature works in mysterious ways, because if I remembered every detail of my delivery, there is no way I'd be doing this again. When I started pushing, my very first thought was, "How did Grandma do this 6 times?". My very next thought was, "I am never doing this again!". So much for that idea!

Thanks again, and I will be sure to keep you updated.

8 Comments:

  • I'm glad that you've forgotten, because I haven't.

    You mothers out there, I don't mean to take anything away from you, but please understand how your poor husband/partner/gay-friend-who agreed-to-do-lamas-with-you felt.

    There is nothing more stressful and emotionally painful than to watch someone you love in pain and not be able to shoulder the pain/responsibility. To be sexist, I believe men are biologically wired to say "what's wrong, how do I fix it?" It's humbling, humiliating and frustrating not to be able to grab a screwdriver and go to work.

    Methinks that this is why our male ancestors for hundreds of years back had nothing to do with childbirth, if they could get away with it. We would all feel better smoking a cigar and pacing a hole into the waiting-room carpet.

    I envy you your resolve. I'm scared as hell - again!

    By Blogger KOM, at 11:10 PM  

  • I did it three times. It's not so bad when it's over =) lol good luck!

    By Blogger Lisa, at 6:32 AM  

  • I'm too scared to go through this again. One is enough for me.

    By Blogger Passerby A, at 8:09 AM  

  • my great grandmother had 10.

    My great great grandfather was one of 17 BOYS (at least they wouldn't have to fight over the bathroom much).

    My ex-flatmate was one of 17 too.

    I pity the poor fathers, they must have been exhausted. By the time the 17th came out I reckon it'd be so easy for the mother..."ooh i have a bit of a p... OOOH here it is!". The 1 min labour.

    Ack. As cute as having a kid is, the pain... ARRRGh. I dread it if i ever have to go thru it. ARRRRGh.

    By Blogger Squishi, at 6:04 AM  

  • All I can say is......

    drugs is good!

    By Blogger Robyn, at 8:26 AM  

  • See, there's no way I can HAVE kids.

    Adoption is the way for me. I just don't do well with pain.

    ~shudder~

    By Blogger Reese The Law Girl, at 8:52 AM  

  • I'm glad to hear you're feeling better! I hope it stays that way!

    By Blogger PSUMommy, at 4:38 PM  

  • Huh. I wasn't aware nature made you forget. I guess that's why people do what they do.

    By Blogger "Lisa", at 12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home