Borderline Retarded

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Why do I always leave my camera at home?

I work in a business park out by the Napa airport. We are surrounded by warehouses and trucks born to haul. So, when an accident happens, it is usually a doozie! I was at my desk after returning from lunch for maybe 5 minutes when I got a call to come out to the front.

Just across the street from us, a truck had run over the fire hydrant, and we have a geyser of water shooting 40 feet in the air. It is an impressive sight!

Someone had put two giant boulders around the hydrant to prevent this very thing from happening. The boulders are routinely dragged down the street by drivers who made the turn a little bit too tight. I guess they will have to make some other kind of arrangement that won't keep the fire department from being able to get to the hydrant.

It's about 90 degrees out right now, and I know I wasn't the only one who felt like running through the sprinkler!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home