Borderline Retarded

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

I am so glad I was late to work this morning.

I was listening to the "Adam Carrolla" show on 106.9. It was a "best of" show, and one of the pieces was an interview with Harlan Williams followed by an interview with Seth McFarlane. OMG. I haven't laughed that hard since I smoked pot that one time and watched MST3K, "Warewolf"! They read the script from the Cantina scene from Star Wars. Adam as Han Solo, Peter Griffin as Obi Wan Kenobi, Stewie Griffin as Luke and Harlan Williams doing the best Chewbacca impersonation I have ever heard. Harlan even jumped in at the end with Shaggy from Scooby Doo as a storm trooper.

I love Seth McFarlane. If I weren't married to such a wonderful guy I would totally be stalking him. It's funny, because I was never much interested in watching "The Family Guy" when it first came out. My husband was watching it and talked me in to it. I can't believe I missed it for as long as I did because that is some hilarity right there!

One thing that came up during the interview was that Seth was supposed to be on flight 11 - I believe that is the first plane that flew into the World Trade Center on 9/11. I have heard Mark Wahlberg talk about originally being scheduled on one of those flights, but canceling. Well, Seth was hungover, and after his driver broke about 300 laws trying to get him to the airport, he rushed to the counter to be told that he couldn't get on the plane because the gate was closed. He assumed that the plane was actually still there. He decided to go to the airport lounge for a little hair of the dog, and fell asleep. He woke up later when a lot of commotion started happening, and about 20 minute after hearing the news on TV they announced the flight number. He looked at the guy next to him and said he was supposed to be on that flight. The other guy said (this is where Adam Carrolla jumps in and says "he asked you to do the Stewie voice, right?) he wasn't scheduled on that flight, but had taken it many times. They both ordered another cocktail.

I'm waiting for the Seth McFarlane book "How a Buttery Nipple Saved my Life".

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home