Borderline Retarded

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Stoooopid

Oh, the pain of being stupid!!

I thought of some more things that happened that seriously make me wonder if I should be walking around without a helmet:

I've been complaining about the cheap-ass toaster oven I bought 7 years ago. The metal rack is too close to the bottom burner, and always burns whatever I put in there. Plus, the rack is always jumping out of it's track; I am constantly having to fix it. So, one morning I was feeling especially brainy, and I decided to take out the rack, turn it upside down, and re-install it. Guess what. I HAVE HAD THE STUPID FARGIN RACK IN THE TOASTER OVEN UPSIDE FLIPPIN DOWN FOR 7 YEARS.

Yes, pity me.

I had to have my computer exchanged out for a new one a couple of weeks ago. In the process, I lost all of my Excel spreadsheets that we use for the payroll templates. No biggie - I just re-created them using the current week's payroll info. Unfortunately, I got all excited and decided now was the time to fix all of those little things that had been wrong on the spreadsheets but never got around to fixing. I spend all morning changing the mileage columns from 2 decimal points to no decimal points, and pat myself on the back for a job well done. Hilarity ensues when I run my payroll reports the following week, and realize that the mileage columns were 2 decimal points FOR A REASON. In the process of importing all of the spreadsheets, the payroll system read all the mileage wrong. Instead of 2,415 miles for an employee, it listed it as 3 miles. So after running all the reports, I had to go in and change them all by hand, and re-run the reports. I wasted at least an entire ream of paper on this.

That's all I can think of for now. It is kind of nice to get this off my chest. It leaves plenty of space for the next dumb thing that comes around!

2 Comments:

  • 7 years? OMG, that sounds so like something I'd do!

    mwhahahhahahah :)

    I'm glad it's not just me who does dumb things hehe

    By Blogger Squishi, at 3:35 AM  

  • we bought a waffle iron for my mom for Mother's Day one year. Somehow in the throwing out of the wrapping paper, the instructions got lost and she never used the iron because she didn't know how long to leave the batter in it. After her death I took the iron, sentimental about it more than anything. I made waffles one day and decided I'd just watch the iron and time it and try to figure out the best amount of time for them to cook. Turns out the iron chirps when it's done. She could have used it all along.

    YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!

    By Blogger Amy, at 7:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home