Borderline Retarded

Friday, April 06, 2007

You say tomato, I say shitty

I was loading the two kids into the car yesterday when old baby piped up.
"It's shitty outside".
I popped my head up from new baby and his car seat buckles to say "what was that"?
"It's shitty outside mommy".
I looked at him closely and asked him to repeat himself one more time to make sure I'd heard what I thought I heard.
He repeated "It's shitty outside" with this strange little grimace he gets when he's pretty sure he is in trouble for something.
"Honey, who taught you that word"? No answer.
"Honey, who taught you that word?" Nothing.
"Who taught you that word 'shitty'"?
Finally, I realized he was saying "chilly". "Mommy, it's chilly outside".
Of course, now mommy is the one who taught him the word "shitty".
Great, Can't wait for Easter Sunday with the family!

3 Comments:

  • Oops ;)

    By Blogger Crafty Japan, at 7:07 AM  

  • Man, you make me laugh so hard!!!!

    By Blogger Moxie Cotton, at 5:04 PM  

  • mwhahahha. We had an episode with my nephew the other day, he wanted "Pringles" with his icecream. After a long long lecture of why you don't have chips and icecream, he looked crestfallen. For 2 days afterwards we were wondering where he picked up the word "Pringles", he's never had them or heard of them.!

    My sister called the day after that to tell me he wanted SPRINKLES on his icecream. No wonder the poor little boy was so upset about being lectured!

    By Blogger Squishi, at 5:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home