Borderline Retarded

Thursday, March 01, 2007

My son has succumbed to ads on the television. Last night after we arrived home for the day he sat next to me on the couch and stared wide eyed at all the Jack in the Box, McDonald's and Quiznos commercials. He went one after the other "I want a hamburger". "I want french fries". "I want a turkey cheese sandwich". Now, it's possible that he was just very hungry and the sight of all that yummy food so close was just too much to bear. I am not used to him actually being hungry; up until very recently he would eat every meal sparingly and he never told us he was hungry. He has become so much more interested in his food, but still has a hard time trying new things and will take half an hour to chew one bite of chicken if you let him.

Seeing my children eat has given me the motivation to try and eat better myself. I'm getting there slowly but surely! Luckily for all of us we can't afford fast food!

1 Comments:

  • Just wait until you're in the car sometime and he randomly shouts out 'Mommy! You NEED to call up to get the Disney Magazine! You just have to call [rattles off the 900 number], but you have to do it because you're the mommy!'

    It's amazing how quickly they absorb everything, isn't it??

    By Blogger PSUMommy, at 6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home