Borderline Retarded

Monday, March 19, 2007

I don't know what has been going on with me the past couple of weeks, but I have had an attack of the "girlies". It started out innocently enough with the purchase of some mascara. My eyelashes were not curling upwards on their own as they usually do and were bugging me. While buying mascara, I also bought some eyeshadow. It's one of those sets that has three colors and is supposed to bring out your natural eye color. Of course, going from wearing no eyeshadow to wearing burgundy and two separate shades of green turned out to be a step I wasn't quite ready for!

I also bought some nail polish, and on Friday evening I painted my toenails. Old baby was so sweet. He was so excited that I painted my toes. He said "Ooooh mommy your toes are pink and shiny! They are pink and beautiful!" That night, I tried on the eye shadow and very nervously asked my husband's opinion. I sat on the couch and said "what do you think?" He looked at me for a while, and couldn't really tell that I'd done anything. That was actually a good response, because I was worried the color was too garish.

On Saturday, I headed out to Fantastic Sam's for a haircut. I was just going to get a trim, but then I decided that my hair was too long and didn't look very good, and I was going to be miserable with the heat and wind this summer. So, I pulled out the book of Fantastic Hair Do's and picked a really cute short style. She did an excellent job, and styled it really nice. That's the last time it will look that good! It's more high maintenance; I usually have a wash and go style. I even got my eyebrows waxed. That was a first, and I am very happy with the results. My husband noticed, but not for a few hours afterwards. We were at a St. Patrick's Day party at my parent's house. I got lots of compliments. It was like, suddenly I have green eyes whereas before nobody really noticed. My brother in law told me that whatever I had done looked very nice, and everyone was outside talking about me. I just laughed because - My God! It's just a haircut and some mascara people!

It feels good to make a change every now and again. Maybe everything going on at work has got me a little bit antsy. I am going to take my gift certificates and go shopping for some new clothes too. I get to dress a little more casually now that I'm not in the corporate office any more.

Who knows, maybe I'll start exercising and eating right next!!

4 Comments:

  • This is where we needed a photo hun ;)

    By Blogger Crafty Japan, at 10:35 PM  

  • This is where we needed a photo hun ;)

    By Blogger Crafty Japan, at 10:35 PM  

  • Yay for being girly! It's so much fun after not bothering for so long, and so nice when people notice :))

    By Blogger Squishi, at 12:59 AM  

  • Excellent!
    I can totally identify with almost everything in this post...my son gets really excited when I paint my toenails, too.
    :)

    By Blogger Moxie Cotton, at 8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home