Borderline Retarded

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Today is going to be a long day.

In typical phone company fashion, my fax line was disconnected in my office yesterday morning, but the phone guy failed to appear to set up the line in the new office. My IT guy received an e-mail from our phone company rep saying the technician was called to an "emergency" in Santa Rosa, and would be at our warehouse in the afternoon. Of course, he wasn't to blame because he "just found out" himself. Lovely.

To add to the frustration is the fact that 99.9% of people apparently don't read the e-mails I send them. I let all the supervisors know twice last week that my fax line would be down on Monday, and I would notify them when it was up and running. 10 phone calls and 3 e-mail inquiries later, I re-sent the e-mail that the fax line was down and I would let them know when it was up and running. I received three responses to that e-mail asking if I could please let them know when the fax would be up and running. Oi.

Right now, my poor IT guy is over at the other office trying to hook up the line himself, and I just know he's going to take a crowbar to the box outside and electrocute himself and his wife is going to be pissed! I called over to Maria, and she said the furniture is being set up as we speak. Hopefully that will go off without a hitch.

I am taking this much needed break right now and trying to eat something that is not a Girl Scout cookie. At least I will be getting my exercise running back and forth from my office to the main office fax machine making sure no one sees any "confidential" information. I will try not to think about tomorrow and the horror that is packing up my whole office to move down the street.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home