Borderline Retarded

Monday, January 15, 2007

This week has started out as busy as last week. Hopefully, things will die down after tomorrow. My left eyelid is twitching like mad, and I'm about to pour myself a nice glass of red wine.

I hate numbers. They confuse me. How am I ever going to help my boys with their math homework? I'm going to have to study their books at night while they sleep. How I ever ended up anywhere remotely near an accounting department is beyond me. In high school, when teachers used to talk about how "You will use this knowledge in every day life" I used to just laugh it off because, well, I was going to be a famous actress and famous actresses don't need to know how tall a tree is by measuring its shadow.

I was almost in tears by 4:45 today as I tried for the millionth time to get my last account reconciled. I decided to let it be until tomorrow morning. I am sure that looking at it with a fresh pair of eyes will help me out. If my office mates would stop chit chatting with me and trying to ask me questions, that would help out a lot too. The nerve! I can put my phone on "do not disturb", but apparently it's against protocol to hire a midget with sharpened teeth and a wicked case of halitosis to guard your office door from trespassers. Whatever. I am sure I will make it through the week without throttling anybody.

I am especially trying to not think evil thoughts about our HR person. She's just pissy because she didn't get a pay raise on the 1st like everyone else did. I wish she had gotten one, and I think it was rotten she didn't, but please don't make me suffer for it. I have to believe that the person we are has as much to do with our success at work as our actual skills. I don't think it's a coincidence that I have a good working relationship with everyone in the office as well as our off-site managers. She has managers who refuse to even talk to her directly anymore. She and I get along very well for the most part, especially considering that I showed up to work one morning and they had moved me into her office, and her out to a cubicle behind the front desk. That was a touch uncomfortable. I'm wondering what they will do to her next. She says she doesn't care, but her eyes tell me differently. I will do my best to think of her kindly from now on.

Here's to tomorrow and reconciled accounts.

4 Comments:

  • Gosh you're nice. I dream of kicking the Half Naked Annoying Chick in our office in the head every day, dismembering her and throwing her to the bottom of the harbour. Thankfully I'm not actually a violent person, so she's safe for now.

    hehe. And yes, i hate accounts too. My next rotation sees me doing that......... argh!

    By Blogger Squishi, at 2:14 AM  

  • That eyelid thing? Very annoying. I don't actually feel stressed, but my right eyelid has been twitching for days. Hope your week has gotten better already!

    By Blogger BadassMama, at 12:04 PM  

  • I hate numbers and reconciling accounts too. You made me miss a nice glass of wine.

    By Blogger Desiree, at 11:08 AM  

  • Oh! i have an answer to the eye twitching thing, it happens to me every so often, and last year i had it for 3 weeks straight. I was telling my mum, and she said simply "magnesium tablets".

    I took one, and voila - it stopped. Co-incidence? maybe. It worked, so see if i care?? heheh

    By Blogger Squishi, at 3:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home