Borderline Retarded

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Old baby and I were in the car on the way to day care this morning. Hubby was following me because we had to drop the van off at the mechanic to be worked on. I remembered the wiper blade for the rear window which I had left on the couch. I said "Darnit!" and stopped the car to get out and ask hubby if he brought it.

Old baby was rummaging around in his little backpack to play with his trains, and he says "Darnit!". I looked back at him and we shared a good laugh. He kept saying it though, over and over, so I finally asked him to please say "Awww Nuts!" instead of "Darnit!" He seemed OK with that plan, and we went along saying "Aww Nuts!" back and forth with each other.

Mommy: "Awww Nuts!"
Old Baby: "Awww Nuts!"
Mommy: "Awww Nuts!"

This is where it gets interesting:
Old Baby: "Awww Peach!"
Mommy: "Awww Lemon!"
Old Baby: "Awww French Toast"
Mommy: "Awww Cookies!"
Old Baby: "Awww Turkey Cheese Sandwich!"
Mommy: (laughs uncontrollably)
Old Baby: "Awww Teanuts!"
Mommy: (laughs so hard she cries and starts coughing because "Teanuts" is how he says "Penis")
Old Baby: (laughs uncontrollably)

What a silly boy!

4 Comments:

  • :)

    By Blogger KOM, at 2:18 PM  

  • Too sweet :)

    By Blogger Crafty Japan, at 11:06 PM  

  • mwhahaha. That's so funny :)

    By Blogger Squishi, at 2:15 AM  

  • Kids say the darnedest things. I took Cassie to my best friend's house one day and the kids played in the pool. When they were done, we undressed them to dry them off. Cassie looked at my best friend's son and said, "Aw, mommy! Sean has a peanut. Isn't it cute!"

    I just about choked from laughing.

    Helen
    Cynical Woman

    By Blogger Helen, at 11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home