Borderline Retarded

Thursday, November 02, 2006

I just finished up a meeting with my boss. I couldn't figure out why I inexplicably start to burp whenever I have a meeting with him. It is so embarrassing! I guess he just makes me nervous, and that makes my stomach act up. How funny! I hardly ever have meetings, so I am unused to the scrutiny, even if it is something benign. I have been working on account reconciliations and bottom line need the company to write off a huge amount of money. It is difficult for me to be handling something so very important. I am flattered that they trust me, and at the same time worried that my lack of experience is going to screw everything up big time. I feel like I started this whole reconciliation jive as a caveman, and I have slowly evolved to about the bronze age. Maybe one day I will spit this stuff out in one day and call myself modern man!

3 Comments:

  • Oh no....hiccups can't be a good thing at a time like that ;) hehe

    Thanks for all your support Robyn :)

    By Blogger Crafty Japan, at 5:54 PM  

  • Hey, we all gotta start somewhere. Sounds like you're doing fine.

    On the other hand, with 25 years of experience under my belt, the new job makes me feel retarded.

    Challenge is a fun scary, no?

    By Blogger Kingfisher, at 8:21 AM  

  • ok that's weird. I suddenly get very itchy and start scratching, but burping? I think i prefer scratching :)

    hehhe

    By Blogger Squishi, at 4:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home