Borderline Retarded

Thursday, September 21, 2006

This week has gone very well, considering all of the new things going on.

My husband has started a new job. His first day was Wednesday. It seems to have gone well, and he is working with one of his closest friends.

New baby started with day care on Tuesday. We interviewed her last Friday, and I actually liked her so much we decided to cancel our other interviews. My husband joked that I just didn't want to leave the house again. I thought that was funny. Then I smacked him. Just kidding.

Old baby was not happy with us Monday night. We made him eat vegetables. The poor abused boy! He wouldn't eat them, so it was straight to bed. What followed was not the quiet evening I had in mind in preparation to take new baby to day care the following morning. I had imagined well rested, happy children as we skipped happily into the sunrise, tra la la la la. That fantasy bubble was popped as a screaming three year old refused to go quietly to bed, and instead kept his baby brother up until almost 9:30. He refused to sleep in his bed, and wanted to sleep on the floor. That was fine with me, except he also wouldn't let us turn off the bedroom light or shut the door. So, we waited until they were finally asleep sometime around 10, and shut off the light and closed the door.

At around 5:00 the next morning, I hear a knocking sound. I got up, and it was old baby, knocking on his bedroom door to be let out, with the light on. And new baby was awake too. I couldn't get too upset, I was going to be getting up in 45 minutes anyway. And, everyone was up and dressed and out the door by 7:00 am.

Wednesday morning, old baby was awake at 4:00 am. I wasn't quite so thrilled this time around. He came to bed with us, which consisted mostly of him poking me in the eyeballs and using me as a platform for his toy train. I finally got out of bed, turned on the TV for him, and tried to go back to sleep. Apparently, TV watching is no good unless mommy is there too. Again, it wasn't the worst thing to happen, as we were able to get out the door on time.

This morning, old baby was a bit more kind to his dear sweet old mother. He didn't wake up the house until almost 5:30. I, however, am not quite as chipper and awake today. I definitely need to get to bed earlier tonight and try to catch a little bit more sleep.

Dinner has been good this week too. We had leftover chinese foood Monday night, my version of Oyaku Ju on Tuesday night (chicken and carmelized onions served over rice and topped with a sauce made from soy, rice wine and sugar, and cooked eggs), and NY steak marinated in red wine, soy sauce, garlic and ginger last night. Yum. Not too sure what's on the menu tonight - I might spend some time cruising the "Food TV" website.

I hope old baby starts sleeping to his normal time, as he is getting more and more grouchy. He has never been much of a morning person. We'll try not to torture him too badly at dinner tonight, and see how it goes!

3 Comments:

  • I have 3 words for you Kimmy, 3 words: Foster Care.

    Until they're about... 12 years old. hehehehhe

    I'm just joking.

    (And that was a reference to Kath & Kim, a show down here in case you were wondering)

    By Blogger Squishi, at 3:27 PM  

  • Ugh, yes, my Old Baby is also constantly cranky these days thanks to a screwed-up schedule. Not quite as bad as yours is, but I'm still pretty cranky myself. :)

    By Blogger PSUMommy, at 2:15 PM  

  • I feel your pain. I went to bed at 11 last night. My eldest was up screaming at 11:30. Took an hour to get her to bed. Then the baby woke up to nurse at 1:30, and of course I get up at the butt-crack of dawn to work. Ugh. I really, really do feel your pain, Robyn.

    Helen
    Cynical Woman

    By Blogger Helen, at 5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home