Borderline Retarded

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Busy Busy Busy Busy Busy Busy......

So Busy!!!

I can finally take a deep breath and relax.

Old baby turned three years old on Saturday. We had such a good time.

Thursday night, I stayed up late and baked mini cakes for his daycare. It was so enjoyable to think I was baking birthday cakes for my little boy!

I took a half day off work on Friday, and we cleaned up the house and did the last of the grocery shopping. I baked old baby's birthday cake on Friday night; Devil's Food Chocolate. Yum!

I got up early Saturday morning, and after singing "Happy Birthday" to the little guy, I picked up some ice at the gas station, and some breakfast from McDonald's. I am in love with McGriddles. OMG. How do they bake maple syrup into the pancake?? So good! I also picked up some coffee for daddy, who was having a wee bit of trouble waking up!

We shared breakfast, and set about with the last chores before the party. Luckily, we had done everything but some cooking on Friday. I made chili, and some puff pastry appetizers. I decorated the boy's birthday cake with him looking over my shoulder the whole time. He never left more then three inches of space between his nose and the birthday cake for almost three hours!

We had a house full of guests, and the food was delicious. A good time was had by all! I love the gifts that old baby received. I think I am more of a fan of Thomas the Tank Engine than he is. I want to take all is train sets out after he goes to bed and play with them. I play with them while he is awake, but he never lets me call the shots!

He and I ended the day by falling asleep on the big bed, watching the "Spongebob Squarepants" movie. Dad woke us up at 9:00 and put the birthday boy to bed.

Sunday was spent doing the very last of the handwashing, and pulling out the couch bed to watch "Mystery Science Theater 3000". It was fun until new baby tried to jump off the edge one too many times. Oh, and he puked all over Daddy's blanket. That was the final straw!

My husband mentioned that he thought we were getting better at this. I tend to agree!!

5 Comments:

  • Wish we could have been there! We got the picture, though, (thanks); the boys are darling! I'm happy to hear that you are getting into the goove of parenting, though a little scared at the though that it might take 3 years or more...

    By Blogger BadassMama, at 7:30 AM  

  • Oh, parenting is a cakewalk compared to birthday parties! We are probably going the Chuck E. Cheese route next year!

    By Blogger Robyn, at 9:15 AM  

  • This entry made me smile smile smile. I like stories about your family, it gives me hope that another baby will be just as fun as the first...?!?

    By Blogger Moxie Cotton, at 1:43 PM  

  • Title JINX!!!!!!!

    :)

    Great minds think alike :)

    By Blogger Squishi, at 1:51 AM  

  • Um, what in the world is a "McGriddle"? it sounds to me like a pair of tourturous underwear.

    I guess we don't have them here in Australia. hehhe

    By Blogger Squishi, at 1:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home