Borderline Retarded

Monday, July 03, 2006

I am about to head home after a grueling day at work - payroll on the short weeks are always so much fun! But, I can't complain. All the supervisors turned in everything on time, and relatively mistake free.

I can't remember if I'd mentioned this, but I was able to get my younger sister hired on here. I am happy to report that she is now working full time and has benefits, and just received a raise. This is her second raise in two months. I am so happy for her! I processed her paperwork for health insurance and her 401(k) today.

I am so looking forward to 4th of July - we are going to try and let old baby watch fireworks for the first time. It's almost all he can talk about since Saturday! There is nothing to bring back the wonderment of any holiday than being with a child watching it for the first time. I know, sappy huh? I can't wait!

The kids are cracking me up nowadays. When we drive in the car, they will blow raspberries at each other. All you can hear is hysterical laughter one after the other as they spit on each other. New baby has it down good for only being 6 months old! He must be very advanced.

We have introduced carrots to new baby's taste buds. He seems to like them even more than sweet potatoes! Is there nothing this kid won't eat? Of course, I don't expect it to last. Even the tots I know who have always been the best eaters will go through phases of only wanting mac n cheese. Old baby is still as picky as ever when it comes to food. He even refused ice cream. What the? That has got to be a first in the history of mankind!

For the 4th, I am taking the kids to my folks house for a couple of hours. They have been in Oregon out in the middle of nowhere and are missing the grandkids something fierce! We are planning to go to my sister-in-law's house for dinner (BBQ I assume) and watch fireworks at the school. I hope everything goes smoothly, so mommy and daddy can enjoy it to!

Happy 4th of July all you bloggers out there!

4 Comments:

  • My nephew won't eat chocolate. He will take a bite, pull a face and just hold onto the rest of it until it's melted then will wipe it all off.

    He's definitely NOT related to me.... I'm Ms Chocoholic and no member of my family has ever knocked back chocolate. hehehe

    Too weird.

    By Blogger Squishi, at 6:13 AM  

  • Oh and Happy 4th of July to you too.

    Funnily enough we don't celebrate it down here in Australia (A fact that has shocked more than 1 American i have chatted to, no kidding)

    I hope you enjoy it!! :)

    By Blogger Squishi, at 6:15 AM  

  • Ah, raspberries. The true comic genius of the male human. Never gets old. Yes, Little Man II is brilliant for grasping the subtle nuances of the art at 6 months. But, trust me, at 15 through 75, you're gonna be really tired of it.

    Little Man I, however, has some serious mental problems. Didn't want ice cream????? That just ain't nacherull.

    By Blogger Kingfisher, at 10:17 AM  

  • Well, at least he will eat chocolate!

    By Blogger Robyn, at 9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home