Borderline Retarded

Thursday, May 18, 2006

So, I had brought my trusty old fax machine home with me from the office while I was on maternity leave. Unfortunately, something happened and the thing hemorrhaged ink all over the loveseat in the office. I wasn't exactly thrilled, but what are you gonna do.

I forgot all about it until about a month ago, when the IT manager asked me about the machine. I told him the whole sad story, and he asked if I could just bring it back in, maybe he could do something with it. I promptly forgot all about it again, until last night when my husband informed me that the machine had hemorrhaged again onto the carpet. Lovely! He bagged it and put it into the back of the minivan.

I forgot all about it AGAIN until I pulled out of the driveway, and something was clunking and banging around. My 2 year old looked at me and said "Pazzat?". It took me a couple of blocks before I realized what it was. My plan was to check on it after I dropped old baby off at daycare. I forgot AGAIN until I pulled out onto the highway headed for Napa to drop new baby off at his uncle's house. At this point I was imagining the worst as there must be ink all over the back of the car.

I managed to force my brain to hold onto the idea of checking on the fax machine for another 20 minutes, and opened the back of the van to the fax machine halfway out of the bag , but no major damage done to the car.

Luckily I had an empty box in the trunk. I've been saving them for my sister's move next week. The fax machine just fit inside. When I got to work, I carried it in to my IT manager's office. I relayed the sad story of my carpet now being stained, and his first words where "why didn't you take the ink cartridge out and throw it away?". Now, I don't think he was trying to be a snot, but I do think he had imagined there was some way to salvage the machine and somehow I had ruined it more. Of course, any sane and reasonable person would have done that. Oh well!! I guess I call my blog "Borderline Retarded" for a reason! He took it form me and dumped it right into the garbage.

3 Comments:

  • LMAO! We are kindred spirits, because that is SO something I would do!

    By Blogger Jomama, at 10:58 AM  

  • And goof f'ing riddance.

    By Blogger KOM, at 3:37 PM  

  • I would do that too. Some things in life are just so... the same the world over!

    By Blogger Squishi, at 6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home