Borderline Retarded

Monday, May 22, 2006

I helped my kid sister move into her new apartment this weekend. Of course, we will not be referring to it as "the move", we will be referring to it as the "wet T-shirt contest" because it was pouring rain! I am so happy for her though; this is her first place on her own. She has been living in our Grandmother's condo since Gran moved out of it over a year ago. When Gran passed away last February, one of our aunts decided she wanted to buy it and move in.

I had the great pleasure of adding my sister to the payroll as a shipping/receiving clerk in our warehouse a couple of months ago. Last week, she was hired on permanently, given a dollar raise and benefits. She can finally quit her dead end job at Michael's crafts. She has learned her job very quickly, and everybody loves her. I am so happy for her!! Things are finally starting to look up for her. Of course, we keep catching our mother telling people that she won't make a career out of this job - it's only until she finds something better. Thanks for the support!! She drives me NUTS! She certainly has a lot of opinions about what other people do for a living. Well, she has a lot of opinions period. But, I will save that for another post - hell, maybe even another blog!

Good job sis - I am so happy for you!

3 Comments:

  • That's awesome for your sister (and you!) What a sense of accomplishment and independence!! Just ignore your mom and know that you two have each other!

    By Blogger Amy, at 9:10 AM  

  • Futong!

    By Blogger KOM, at 11:46 AM  

  • Hahahahaha!!

    Like I said, I should devote an entire blog just to my mother!

    By Blogger Robyn, at 12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home