Borderline Retarded

Thursday, July 07, 2005

London calling.....

So, the first thing I heard today that wasn't the laughter of my son was the radio telling me that bombs had gone off in London, and dozens of people are dead and injured. Their subway system and bus sytems are all shut down, and they are trying to get people out of London in a calm manner. I just don't know what to think. What is happening in this world? I'm afraid that even at my angriest and most hurt, I could never cause harm to anybody that way. What satisfaction can you get from killing random people? I will never understand or sympathize with people who cause such devestation this way. Some reports say that it was meant to coincide with the G-8 summit. All that did was allow several powerful world leaders to look each other in the eye and call the attackers "barbarians". My heart goes out to everybody in England, and I send my prayers.

2 Comments:

  • Yeah, you betcha. G8 is going on AND Tony Blair just got handed the EU steering wheel for the next 6 months. There's gonna be some stuff going down.

    By Blogger Jason, at 2:27 PM  

  • Mrm. It has ramifications for Australia too - we're also very very prominently in Iraq and Afghanistan - and so Sydney has gone into lockdown.

    I work for um... a rather enormous bus company here and we had official letters of "be VIGILIANT" etc given to us today. It's rather horrid to now have to have security guards in every part of every train too :<

    It all sux. It really really sux. I live in a VERY FREE country, and we are now all prisoners waiting for the inevitable....

    By Blogger Squishi, at 4:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home