Borderline Retarded

Friday, February 16, 2007

Since I was FORCED to change to the brand spankin new version of blogger, I have had some issues. These issues revolve mostly around my inability to remember that my sign-on name has changed. This has also lead to some rather colorful metaphors as I have tried to leave comments on blogs as well. I just have not had the time since December to really focus on any of this stuff.

However, I do have some exciting news to share with the Internet. New baby is walking! He took his very first step at day care last Friday, and last night he almost walked half-way across the living room. He is so funny - he laughs hysterically whenever he stands himself up. He seems to become giddy at the prospect of almost falling down as he wobbles back and forth on his toes. The best is when he actually stands himself up from a sitting position as opposed to just letting go of a piece of furniture. He acts so proud of himself!

Unfortunately he is suffering from a terrible head cold this week. His temperature was 104 this morning. I went ahead in to work, and my Dad is calling every hour with an update. If his temp rises again I will take him to the doctor. Old baby kept declaring that he didn't feel well today, but it was just sympathy sickness for his younger brother's sake. He is such a sweetheart! He will no doubt have his younger brother's sickness all next week because I can't keep those two from hugging and kissing on each other all the time!

Old baby had fun with Valentine's Day this year. I found Thomas the Tank Engine Valentine's cards, and he very carefully picked out each card for each friend at school. He even drew a little squiggle at the bottom of each card, almost like a signature. When he picked a card for his daddy, he made sure to switch to a green crayon, because that is daddy's favorite color. I even received a card from my husband which has got to be a first! He's one of those people who believes that you shouldn't need a special day invented by Hallmark for your special someone - every day should be special. It took me very much by surprise and was very sweet. I made little heart shaped cakes for the boys. Old baby loved his, but new baby hasn't had his yet because he feels so crummy.

I am going to a "purse party" tomorrow. I'm torn because I want to invite a couple of friends to go with me, but they both worked for Coach. Would that seem rude to ask them to come look at knock-off versions of their beloved bags? Hmmm - I'll have to think about that one.

3 Comments:

  • YAY for New Baby walking! That's very very exciting :)

    By Blogger Squishi, at 12:19 AM  

  • I resent being forced into the change as well.
    Exciting news about the young one!

    By Blogger Moxie Cotton, at 9:12 AM  

  • Awwww! Congrats to new baby walking!! That's adorable!

    By Blogger Desiree, at 4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home