Borderline Retarded

Monday, February 26, 2007

New baby finally seems to be on the mend. He's had a cold that has just dragged on and on, as well as an ear infection, fever and a wheezy cough. It's so hard to see them suffer like that.

Old baby did not seem to catch it, thank goodness. The biggest trouble he gave me was during dinner the other night. He was eating a chicken quesadilla, took too big of a bite, and ended up choking when he tried to swallow and threw up. Luckily for me, he was able to toss his cookies right onto his plate, and nowhere else. I did make him finish eating the bit of quesadilla he was holding in his hand, but the rest of it was done for. Yuck.

I took the babies to my parent's house on Sunday morning so hubby could catch a few z's. We went out to this great restaurant in Vacaville called The Creekside Cafe. As we were waiting for our food, I gave new baby a creamer container to play with. We were all surprised when he bit down onto it and it exploded, showering my mother with creamer from across the table. I guess if I've ever wondered what my mom would look like during a "money shot", I needn't think on it further. Enjoy your coffee!

At work this week I am trying to figure out the logistics of moving to a new office building a few blocks over. Myself and Betty from HR are going to be moving to accommodate a regional manager who needs to be a little bit closer to all the action. I am finally starting to be excited about it. I am slow to warm up to new things, but I'm getting used to the idea. We were asked to order all new office furniture, and were able to pick out our own paint colors. We actually decided on the paint color I chose, which has shocked me to my very core. I have never decided on any paint or colors for anything in my life. I can't decorate a room to save my soul. Betty's office was painted today and mine will be finished tomorrow. The new furniture will arrive next Tuesday, so I guess I'll be moving in any time after that. We will be sharing office space with my good friend Maria, so we should have a blast over there. They will be lucky if we get any work done at all!

3 Comments:

  • *DONT* pick a combination of Lavender, Burnt Orange and Maroon.

    Going into one of our recently refurbished offices is now a colour bending NIGHTMARE. There's just so much.... Lavender.... everywhere, with revolting feature walls everywhere else.

    By Blogger Squishi, at 4:06 AM  

  • I so enjoy reading your blog, it's hilarious!

    By Blogger Moxie Cotton, at 11:20 AM  

  • A money shot of your mother, huh? I just about choked reading that, Robyn. You are so wrong ;)

    By Blogger Helen, at 5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home