Borderline Retarded

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

I hurt my butt and I hurt my knee. I have 2 owies!

I totally biffed it in a parking lot this morning. There was a jacknifed big-rig that dumped a load of hay all over the highway, so it was backed up for 15 miles. My husband and I decided to pull off, have some breakfast and wait it out. As we were leaving, my right foot slipped right out from under me and I fell hard. Somehow, I hurt my right buttock and my left knee simultaneously. I don't even want to know how I did that. My right wrist was also jarred as well as the top of my left foot. I pretty much jacked myself right up.

My left knee was a little bit scraped, but nothing bloody, and amazingly, no torn clothes. I had to get up a little bit faster than I wanted to, because it rained last night and the ground was very wet. I am so glad my husband was there to pull me upright.

It all happened so fast - there wasn't even any wobbly time to try and right myself. I guess the parking lot had a little bit if oil that came up with the rain.
I tried hard not to start crying on the way to the car - the pain was not bad, and I think I just embarrased myself more than anything. I hope I don't do that again anytime soon!

4 Comments:

  • Ouch :(

    By Blogger Crafty Japan, at 5:41 PM  

  • renyun1209 - go eat your own spam.

    Anyway, I hope you feel better. Doing embarrassing (and hurting!) things is horrible, so my sympathies.

    By Blogger Squishi, at 1:06 AM  

  • I'm not a big believer in astrology, but I think the stars were doing something funny yesterday: a friend of mine, my hubby, and I all had bad days Wednesday. (Mine began with drinking the glucola for the glucose tolerance test, only to find out the OB's lab tech wasn't in that day, so I have to do it again! It didn't get better.) The rest of the work week should definitely be cancelled.

    By Blogger BadassMama, at 9:09 AM  

  • I second what Squishi said.

    OUCH.

    By Blogger Desiree, at 4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home