Borderline Retarded

Monday, February 27, 2006

I feel like......

....summer vacation is almost over, and it's time to go back to school.

I will be ending my maternity leave and headed back to work beginning Wednesday. I'm not too sure exactly how I feel about this. Luckily, my job is great. It's very low stress, flexible hours and great pay. I couldn't ask for better for a working mom.

However, I am so going to miss my sweet little baby.

When I started to work after my first child was born, I was panicked because I was worried about how he was going to behave for his uncle while I was away. He was so attached to me, and was so picky about his care givers. Luckily, my brother in law has the magic touch when it comes to kids. He was able to give my son all the love and attention he could ever want. That was the only way I was able to go to work and not feel guilty about leaving my child.

New baby is a whole different breed altogether from his older brother. He is so mellow, and seems to be comfortable with anybody. He just loves to be held, he doesn't seem to care who is doing it! I know he loves me, I can see it in his eyes as he gazes adoringly at me while I'm feeding him at 2:00 in the morning. I don't want him to be sad, but a small part of me wonders if he will miss me. Today will be a good test for both of us. My parents are watching him all day. He has been gone for 2 hours, and all I can do is think about him. I can't wait to pick him up this afternoon.

There is a huge relief in knowing that he is being cared for in the way I would care for him myself. That is the only way I can focus at my job; to be able to rest easy that your child is safe and happy with someone else is no easy thing to do.

I am trying to finish up a few things around the house that need to be taken care of before I head back to work. That way, I can focus on my family when I get home, and not all the other crap around the house that's not getting done. But, I miss my baby!!!!

1 Comments:

  • Awww! You're suffering from "attached Mommy syndrome." It is a hard thing to deal with, but most women get through it okay.

    In my expert, non-parenting opinion anyways.

    By Blogger Reese The Law Girl, at 12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home