Borderline Retarded

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Fat and Happy!

Have you ever heard the phrase "fat and happy"? I like to use that phrase a lot, because I am, well, both of those things.

However, I've noticed over the past few weeks, that while I am still fat, I'm not quite as happy about it as I used to be. I have the worst sweet tooth known to man. I have been binge eating sweets almost non-stop for the past week. Why do I do this? I don't know. I can make up any excuse for myself why it's OK to eat ten sugar cookies for breakfast. I don't understand how I actually make sense of these things!

I went to my doctor today to discuss a problem I've been having with my jaw since December. It keeps popping and clicking, and is annoying the crap out of me. My blood pressure is borderline high, which I never had a problem with before I was pregnant, but seems to be hanging around like stink on shit. I need to go back in 6 weeks to have my blood pressure checked again.

My doctor recommended that I avoid ALL salty foods, and that I start walking an hour each day, and that I LOSE SOME DAMN WEIGHT! She was very nice about it though - and said that even losing three pounds could start to make a difference in my blood pressure.

So, I have decided once and for all to start making some healthier decisions for myself. My goal is to show some improvement in my activity level and my food choices over the next six weeks. If I don't, I am looking at blood pressure medication. I am 30 years old, way too young for blood pressure medication. I should also be way more concerned than I am about type II diabetes. My chances of having diabetes are higher since I had gestational diabetes.

Lately, I feel like I'm hurtling forward with no clear destination in mind. Well, for my sake, for my husband's sake, and for my children's sake I am going to get healthy. 6 weeks is a great goal in which to make some changes in my life.

Here goes nothing!

Day 1
Weight: 265
Blood Pressure: 140/85
Mood: Crabby
Energy Level: Ho-Hum







Goodbye baby -
find some other sucker to sleep with!!


















Hello Cardioglide - Instrument of DOOM!

3 Comments:

  • Good Luck...

    Robyn from Australia

    By Blogger Bobbie, at 5:36 AM  

  • I can't believe you posted your blood pressure for everyone to see like that.

    You can do it!!
    :)

    By Blogger Jerk Of All Trades 2.0, at 5:43 PM  

  • Don't use the evil "DxxT" word, cos then you'll never lose anything.

    Good luck - honestly - it's not easy but i've lost 2kg by cutting back on sweet food without even really trying. (I have no idea what that is in lbs) So, it's not impossible!

    :)

    By Blogger Squishi, at 2:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home