Borderline Retarded

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Valentine's Day

Today is Valentine's Day. I enjoy Valentine's Day, I think it is a fun holiday. There are those out there who do not enjoy Valentine's Day. I think the party line is :"Valentine's is a fake holiday invented by Hallmark. It is more special to pick a random day during the year to make the person I love feel special, and not feel forced to because it's Valentine's Day." Something like that, right?

My beloved husband is one of those people. Our first Valentine's Day came after we had been dating for just two months, and I was kind of looking forward to it. I had only had one boyfriend before I met him, and my ex had never gone out of his way for me on anything. When I asked him what we might do for Valentine's, the above mentioned quote is what I got in response (or something very similar). Now, the problem is, he does make me feel like his "Valentine" all year round. However, I am partial to flowers and chocolate. I guess what I'm saying is, those people who refuse to celebrate Valentine's Day make up for it with flowers and chocolate on some other day of the year, right? Some other day that is not birthday or anniversary oriented, right? Because I really really like chocolate.

Now, to those grumpy individuals who are anti-Valentine's - why not just get a little something special for your someone special? It will mean that much more to them, because they will understand the great sacrifice you made in feeding the monster that is Valentine's Day.

In closing, I guess all I'm really trying to say is - WHERE'S MY DAMN CHOCOLATE!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home