Borderline Retarded

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

"I'm making tapioca for you Daddy, and I'm all alone"

There were a few fun things that happened before all the baby hulabaloo that I never got a chance to write about.

For my 30th birthday, my husband and some friends took me out to Yoshi's Jazz House in Jack London Square in Oakland to see the fabulous Taj Mahal. Yoshi's is a Japanese restaurant with a Jaxx club attached. The plan was to eat dinner at Ypshi's then watch the show. Oddly though, they only had seating for 4, and we were a party of five. So, we went to Tony Roma's for ribs and onion loaf instead. It was fun watching everyone order these fabulous alcoholic beverages and get just a touch rowdy!

The show was excellent, the only sour note being the incredibly inconsiderate gentleman sitting at the table next to me who kept rocking his chair backwards and bumping into me constantly. At one point, he reached his arm around his date and actually had his arm resting in my lap. Otherwise, I thoroughly enjoyed myself. It was almost as much fun trying to make our way back home. We drove past the same dilapidated Motel about three times totally randomly before we finally made it out.

On my actual birthday, I picked up a Christmas tree and some final baby items. I also picked up a fabulous Peanut Butter Cup ice cream pie from Safeway that was very yummy! Not the Baskin Robbins ice cream cake I usually go for, but not too shabby. I scored some cash as well, I haven't really decided what to get yet.

Being 30 feels just like being 29, which felt just the same as 25, or 21 for that matter!

New baby is doing well. He is back up to his birth weight of 8 pounds, 12 oz. We did finally decide on a name - sorry Jerk, if you'd only gotten to me 10 minutes earlier!! He and I have been hanging out all week. He is the best baby ever. He even had his eyes open for an entire half hour today.

As for Mommy - I'm afraid I'm a bit worse for wear. I can't seem to remember the name for anything. I call everything "that thing" or "that thingy" or "the stuff that goes with that thing". I am trying to catch myself up to at least Homer Simpson level of intelligence! My poor husband must be sooooo excited to be married to Ruprecht. I believe he is busy corking the forks for me as we speak.......

3 Comments:

  • Taken out of context, that title is the creepiest thing since Gage from Pet Cemetary wanted to play with you, daddy!

    By Blogger KOM, at 2:10 PM  

  • We have a Tony Roma's here just north of Chinatown.. i've never been but have heard they have AWESOME ribs.... and not much else.

    One day I might go there. One day.

    :)

    By Blogger Squishi, at 2:21 PM  

  • LOL! I'm sure you'll get your memory back. ;)

    I'm sooo sick of inconsiderate people! If I knew the kung fu, I swear I'd just get up and slap some people in the face.

    By Blogger Reese The Law Girl, at 7:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home