Borderline Retarded

Friday, November 04, 2005

What to wear.......

I have been browsing the Motherhood Maternity website - drooling over new clothes. Normally, I could give two figs about clothing, but I am feeling the need to look nice lately. They have such cute tops. Maybe I can save up some money, and buy myself one nice holiday outfit. I can wear it to hubby's family Thanksgiving, and my family Christmas, and nobody will know I wore it twice!!!

Actually, what I need to do is clean my garage this weekend. There is still a bag of maternity clothes lurking around somewhere with at least one very cute top and a denim skirt in it. I have been looking high and low for that sucker for the past 8 months! It would be nice to have something other than the same five pieces of clothing to pick from! Do we want to place any bets on whether I actually clean out the garage or not?

I think we will take a nice family portrait for Christmas this year. I got a coupon from Sears for 35 photos for $9.99. Can't beat that! Maybe we can splurge and get the holiday greeting cards too. While this makes Christmas shopping extremely simple, it is kind of a bummer not to be able to buy something special for my someone's special. However, since they get a new baby out of the deal, I think they will manage!

I am trying to think of something crafty to make for my husband for Christmas that isn't too lame. Not an easy task! Luckily the boy is way too young still to even fathom the idea of gifts or Christmas. As usual, he will be showered with gifts from the family. I do need to get him a replacement copy of Eric Carle's "The Very Busy Spider". I spilled his sippy cup of milk on it, and the pages got stuck together, and ripped the pictures off when I tried to get them apart.

I am looking forward to the holidays. It is normally a busy and stressful time, but this year will be different, and very special. I am not going to run around like a crazed maniac trying to get everything done last minute. I am going to be relaxing at home, getting the house and family ready for our new arrival. I am looking forward to being able to just "show up" at the holiday parties for once, and not bring a carload of food and gifts. I can't wait until the family Christmas party. They can plop me down right next to Grandma, and we'll hang out all afternoon. I used to visit with my family all year round as a kid, but we are all so busy nowadays, Christmas is about the only time you're guaranteed to see everyone.

The end of the year is coming so quickly - faster than I could have imagined! This pregnancy does seem to me moving much faster than my first. Probably because I have my little guy to chase around, and not as much time to sit and let my mind wander. I think I prefer it this way!

3 Comments:

  • Yup, nothing like giving birth right at Christmas is there? My sister gave birth on Dec 23. She was so super organised she wrote her cards on October, and got me to post them on Dec 24 for her, as long as I put a photo of the new baby in.

    $100 says you don't clean out the garage.

    By Blogger Squishi, at 9:52 PM  

  • I think you should have a good rest. Let KOM clean out the garage!

    By Blogger Passerby A, at 6:24 PM  

  • Oh God - he is not allowed NEAR the garage! FOr the simple fact that he would clean it out all right - all my precious crap would get thrown out! I'm not quite ready to part with it all yet!

    P.S. - Squishy wins $100!!

    By Blogger Robyn, at 4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home