Borderline Retarded

Friday, September 23, 2005

Give till it hurts.....

Squishi's recent entry about donating blood made me remember a story from High School.

We had a blood drive at school a couple of times a year. They would turn the cafeteria into a temporary blood letting auditorium. My girlfriends and I all decided to donate. It was the first time for all of us, and we were sitting around staring at this mile long form they have you fill out. It is filled with questions like - have you had sex for money or drugs since 1975, or - have you traveled out of the country in the last three years, have you ever had this or that disease or problem.....etc. Some of these questions seemed rather difficult to answer at the time, and we sat around straining our eyes at the paperwork with our tongues sticking out in concentration. I had finished filling mine out, and was waiting for everyone else. My friend Kristen comes up to me and says, "I don't know the answer to this one. What should I do?" I look at the question she is having a hard time with. It says "Have you had sex with a man who has had sex with another man...?" I roll my eyes at her, and say, "how come you can't answer that one?" She says "I'm not sure!" I'm thinking, why are you being so dense!! I say, "Let's look at just the first part of the question - Have you ever had sex?" I'm wondering why this is so confusing with her, because we, none of us girls, have had sex! She looks at me with wide eyes, and with her lips pressed tight together says, "Yes!". I was like, "Oh! Oh..... um....oh!! And then we both started laughing hysterically. She had only had two boyfriends, and had broken up with the second one a few weeks before. I didn't know she had actually "done it"! What a way to find out!! She had told her very best friend, Aimee, but she hadn't told anyone else. I guess she didn't feel comfortable asking her ex-boyfriend if he, well, enjoyed "the sausage".

I still laugh every time I think about that story!!

3 Comments:

  • You and your dirty friends...

    By Blogger KOM, at 4:40 PM  

  • hA! We have to fill out a similar form every time. My favourite question is the "have you every had male to male sex?" question, followed by the "Have you ever had sex with a man you think might be bisexual?" and "are you a transgender sex worker?"

    Um.... okay........ last time I looked I am female. Still.

    By Blogger Squishi, at 2:12 AM  

  • Yeah, I'm totally confused about all the "jargin" nowadays. I can't remember what the difference between a transgender person and a transexual person is.

    By Blogger Robyn, at 10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home