Borderline Retarded

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Baby Update

I have been trying to do a baby update for the past three weeks, but I have been so very busy! I will be sure to post the ultrasound picture when I get home.

Baby is doing wonderful. Mommy is doing wonderful. I am growing bigger every minute it seems like. My son has taken to copying me by grunting and groaning every time he moves. I think it's hilarious to hear a 2 year old grunt when he sits on the floor, and when he can't open something. Hopefully he will grow tired of that, and people won't think he's horribly out of shape! My due date is still firm at December 30th. I am very much looking forward to this new member of our family. I am probably kidding myself, but I feel so much more confident and at ease, like I'm an old pro or something. I figure, enough time for reality after the baby is born! I think it helps that I don't have the nasty morning, noon and night sickness like last time. Of course, I was prepared to go through it all again because I love my kid so much.

I think my hubby is doing all right too. He might be a bit nervous, but he's wearing it well. My younger sister volunteered to stay at home with the boy when it comes time to go to the hospital. I was so glad she did that, it saved me from having to ask anyone. My sister in law has a horrible story of being in labor with her secod child, and both sisters and mother not wanting to leave her to pick up her son from daycare. So, her husband went, and his second child was born while he was in the drive thru at Carl's Jr. Apparently women don't forget shit like this, because she still seems really pissed off, 13 years later!

I don't think I will take the Lamaze class again. I didn't really expect to remember it last time, I figure that's what the nurses are for, right? I certainly didn't expect my husband to remember either. The only thing that helped me was counting while pushing, and remembering to relax in between contractions. But that was only needed during the last hour or so. The rest of the time I was pretty happy to stay in bed. I used pain killers and Epidural, which I fully intend to use this time too. It helped so much right when I needed it. I think it allowed me to have a wonderful birthing experience. My mom was actually great. I gave her the job of helping me to stay relaxed after I was done pushing. I think it helped that she had something to do. I didn't find her the least bit annoying (for once), but apparently my sisters were ready to punch her. For once she only did as I asked her too, nothing more.

This will be my first experience with an HMO, a completely different hospital than the last time. I think they will take us on a tour of the "facilities" when it gets to be closer to "B" day.

I will keep you posted!

2 Comments:

  • $100 says it will arrive on Christmas Day.

    %:D

    By Blogger Squishi, at 4:54 AM  

  • Thats so exciting! At least you make pregnancy sound a little bit ok. Not completely ok but a little bit ok :) Seriously, some pregnant women scare that crap out of me!

    Also, thanks for the comments on my page! You really helped. Sometimes I feel like a wacko and although I KNOW that after the first few months, I'll adjust to having an actual relationship, I just get a bit scared. Some peoples comments freak me out, make me feel like I truly AM bananas, but anyway, thank you! :)

    By Blogger Desiree, at 9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home