Borderline Retarded

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Busy worker bee

Yep. That's me! Busy, busy, busy. I'm not complaining mind you, 90% of the time I'm struggling to find things to do. But they have been stretching my poor brain the last two weeks!! The project I'm working on is winding down, and I should be caught up by Friday. Whew! Plus, I was totally stressing about the problems that came up during my research which were 100% my fault, and I knew I was going to get yelled at, and my boss just walked in with my notes and said "Everything looks great!". I must have kept staring, dumbfounded, at the spot he had been standing in for at least 20 minutes after he left.

I took the whole morning off too - which didn't help too much with my feeling of panic. But, I'm doing better! I took my son to visit this new day care / preschool KOM and I want to send him to. It is going to be interesting to see how the little guy handles the change from being the only one to being in a "gang" of 2 year olds. He is going to have quite the culture shock! I'm trying not to worry too much, but I can't help it. I always have these guilty pangs whenever I think about my little boy with some other caregiver during the day. Some part of me knows he is OK, but some other part of me wants desperately to be home with him.

There are so many advantages though to being a working mom. Firstly, I get to feel like a contributing member of the family by bringing home a paycheck. I don't think we could survive without that. Secondly, my son gets to have more than just the "mom" experience. I think it's important to make sure he goes into his life equipped to deal with it. I don't think I could provide that for him completely.

My hopes for my son with this daycare are to learn how to communicate, learn how to share, learn how to make friends, learn how to follow instruction, and to expand his mind to include different activities. We'll see how everyhting goes next week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home