Borderline Retarded

Friday, August 26, 2005

Happy Birthday......

....to my little boy. He is 2 years old today! I sang him happy birthday this morning, and he just laughs at Mommy as though I'm doing something highly amusing. I wish I didn't have to be away from him today - but he will have fun at his Uncle's house. I bought some cupcakes to have after dinner tonight. I can't wait for him to open his presents too. We only bought him a couple of things, as the homestead will be invaded by family and friends tomorrow bearing gifts a plenty!

I have been remembering all morning about the day he was born. It was so unbelievable..... I remember when the doctor layed him on my belly, and the nurse put my hand on him. He was so warm. Then, he pooped on my hand. I think I had poop on my hand for the rest of the day until I was able to take a shower later that night. I had been in labor for 24 hours, and I didn't sleep more than a couple of winks that night, or every night after that for about a week. I could hear the hospital noises even after I was at home. I remember that my mom was holding him, and that he started fussing, so she gave him back to me, and he quieted right down. I was so emotional, I have never been able to calm a child before. It was like he knew who I was, and he trusted me.

He and I are great pals, and I treasure every minute!

1 Comments:

  • Ahh it's treasured memories like those you bring up at their 21sts..... and every significant event for the rest of their lives

    hehehhe

    By Blogger Squishi, at 10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home