Borderline Retarded

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Day 2.....

Today is day 2 of my son's day care experience. Yesterday went very well. He fussed for a couple of minutes after I left, but was OK the rest of the day. When I dropped him off, it was very peaceful and quiet. There were only three other little ones in his classroom, all quietly eating breakfast.

This morning was a different story. I could hear the noise coming form his classromm as soon as we walked in the front door. Apparently, my son could sense it too, because he wanted out!! I carrie dhim into his classroom, he balling his eyes out and me staring in shock at the band of 2 year olds terrorizing the caregiver. She seemed like she knew what she was doing though. After a couple of minutes, she came over and took my boy, and just held on to him while she did everything else. I didn't really have a chance to say goodbye, but that just wasn't going to happen anyway. I am hoping she got everyone calmed down, and I know she has a secnd helper come in sometime during the morning.

The stress this week is going to be difficult. I was instantly stressed out yesterday when I dropped him off, and all I wanted to do was finish work and go get him. I was so anxious.

I'm actually feeling much better about it today, even though this morning was off to a rough start. I guess because last night was so much nicer at home than usual. He played with us instead of just wanting to watch his "Bear in the Big Blue House". We also got home earlier than usual because I didn't have the crappy commute. We ate dinner together, and I actually got his bath at a decent hour, and got him to bed by 8:30. He didn't even cry going to bed as he had the last week or so. I think he was very stimulated in his new surrounding, and it makes me happy to see it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home