Borderline Retarded

Monday, July 11, 2005

How was your weekend?

My weekend was great! We actually didn't do much. I took the boy over to my Gran's to go swimming. That kid is a water baby! He gets it from his mom! My little sis came over Saturday night to watch the boy while we went out on the town. It was great! Wren was really happy to have us all around for her birthday. We watched some of the craziest internet downloads that her boyfriend had on DVD. Some of it was icky - but mostly it was pretty funny. We went to Henry's, and closed down the bar. I haven't stayed up past 2 in the morning in ages! I had one heck of a time getting up Sunday morning, and I took a nap while my son was napping. Luckily, he went down for 4 hours! It was great.

I unfortunately had another episode of "open mouth, insert foot". I always manage to say the wrong things around my friend Jennifer. We had watched this crazy thing at Wren's house that showed some man living in some third world village with what can only be described as a nutsack the size of a bean bag chair. I was told that elephantitis could cause something like that. I joked, well I've seen some elephantitis of the boobs around lately. Badump-ch! Well, we were at the bar for about an hour, when in flounced this blonde wearing a tank top barely covering her nipples. I was all the way across the bar, and I didn't have my glasses on, and I swear her boobs walked in a full three minutes before the rest of her caught up! I say half out loud to my anyone who will listen, "another sad case of elephantitis.". Jen says, "Oh, you mean Brooke?". I laugh and say, "Noooo - not Brooke!! That blonde over there!" Jen says, "Yeah, that's Brooke - she's blonde now." "Oh" I say. I kind of looked down at my glass of coke from that point forward, and tried not to speak again! I don't think Jen was too offended, but I always manage to say something dumb like that in front of her. Brooke is one of her best friends, but she's not overly attached. Oh well, at least this time I don't think I pissed her off! My husband overheard the whole thing, and he doesn't think I have anything to worry about. Sometimes, I just try to hard to be funny.

3 Comments:

  • "Oh, you mean Brooke?"

    Ha Ha Ha Ha! I mean, I'm sorry (chortle) that it had to turn out (snicker) that's just GUFFAWWW!!!! I only laugh 'cause I do that sort of thing all the time.

    By Blogger Jason, at 5:13 PM  

  • heheh

    are you related to me?

    By Blogger Squishi, at 5:00 AM  

  • Oh the embarrasment!! My face burns every time I remember one of the gaffs! If this is a herediatery trait, I think we must be related!!

    By Blogger Robyn, at 10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home