Borderline Retarded

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Birthday Gifts....

This is Spencer, the newest addition to our Duplex Lego "Thomas the Tank Engine " train set.




Here is Cranky the Crane.


Sir Toppam Hatt came with the Spencer set.


And here is the track in all its glory - about as good as Mommy can do anyway!


Our boy has spent endless hours playing very intently with this set. It's been fun watching as his imagination has grown over the past 2 years. He even uses different voices for the different trains. I hope that we can collect all the separate sets before he outgrows them! Of course, his younger brother shows some interest, but he doesn't have nearly the same focus or attention span that old baby did at that age. Especially now that new baby is learning to talk and wants to know the word for everything he sees! It makes reading a book or doing any task for that matter take 5 times longer than normal! He mostly just wants to crash all the trains, and this upsets his older brother no end.



5 Comments:

  • Cool! Africa!

    By Blogger KOM, at 10:43 PM  

  • Awesome! Crashing trains and an upset brother. Coming from a family of 4 boys, this is about as perfect a relationship as can be. When they are men, your sons will remember every aggravating bit of this fondly. It may not seem like it, but they are bonding VERY closely.

    By Blogger Kingfisher, at 11:44 AM  

  • You seem like a really cool person. I came upon your page because I was researching info on my 3 1/2 year old daughter who is mentally retarded because she has Angelman Syndrome (angelman.org). I just will never understand why people feel the need to take the word 'retarded' so lightly like it's something to want to be or make fun of. Be happy that your children are happy and healthy and please don't make fun of those who aren't.
    Sincerely,
    Jennifer
    Mother of 4

    By Blogger Jennifer, at 4:46 PM  

  • Jennifer, I can appreciate your concern. However, I am confused as to where you got the idea that I am making fun of the retarded. The name of my blog stems from some very serious issues I have with my mother, and her impact on who I am as a person.

    I would like to think that you are a bit more careful to pass judgment on complete strangers in person as you are on-line. The beautiful thing about this blog is that it is my blog, for my enjoyment. I can call it whatever I want, because this space is all about me. You'll notice I haven't ever told anyone else in the blogosphere that I disapprove of their blog because I would never presume to be so arrogant.

    Maybe someday, if I ever resolve the issues I have with my mother, I'll be able to change the name of my blog. Or, maybe she'll create some new label for me and I will name it that instead.

    Please do not take other people's blogs so lightly, it could hurt a person's feelings.

    By Blogger Robyn, at 7:02 PM  

  • That is very very cool. My nephew is TOTALLY into Thomas and trains in general right now. It's a very noisy addiction!

    He can't go anywhere without Percy. He's a total Percy..... um... i've got no idea. Nut?

    By Blogger Squishi, at 11:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home