Borderline Retarded

Friday, June 08, 2007

Well, hubby is still feeling under the weather. He has been home sick for three days now. I just wish he were better already! I am suffering major withdrawals over here! I feel like we haven't spoken more than a few sentences together since Saturday. This flu bug is a weird one.



I'm going to try and take off work a little bit early today. I'm not looking forward to the traffic situation on the way home today. We are leaving for Fresno early tomorrow for my annual family reunion at Roeding Park, and I have a lot of grocery shopping and packing to do. The park is great; there is a slightly dilapidated zoo, a carnival, a storybook land and a pond with boats you can rent and ducks you can feed. Plus, lots of great relatives to visit with. My Great Uncle Bill is the last surviving member of his generation. He is celebrating his 80th birthday this year. After my Gran passed away last year, it was just Uncle Bill and Aunt Vivian left. Aunt Viv passed away about 3 months ago. Uncle Bill is the youngest of 13 brothers and sisters. Some of his nieces and nephews were born before he was! It will be so good to see him again. It will probably be 100 degrees outside, but it will be a blast.

2 Comments:

  • Hope hubby is better soon!

    Your trip sounds GREAT! My late maternal grandmother was 13th of 14 kids. Her favorite older sister lived in Stockton for a long time. So the central California heritage and dilapidated fun is right up my alley.

    The boys will love it, even if hey don't remember. TAKE PICTURES!!!

    By Blogger Kingfisher, at 2:03 PM  

  • 100 degrees? I'll take that! You lucky thing you.... :D

    By Blogger Squishi, at 11:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home