Borderline Retarded

Thursday, July 13, 2006

I had a fairly good weekend. Both kids stayed overnight at Papa and Tutu's house. Both kids!! This marks the first time either child has spent the night away from me at someone else's house. Without ME! It was loooooong overdue for old baby. He will be three in August, time to start sending him away for a whole week!

One of my very best friends turned 26 on Sunday. We went out Saturday night and closed down the bar, then hit Denny's. I haven't been to Denny's at 2:00 in the morning since I was in High School! We were trying very hard not to be lumped together with all the other misfits in the joint who also obviously just came stumbling out of bars. We had a great time. I like one of our friend's new girlfriend. She seems awesome, and has two children herself.

She totally got hit on by this drunk dude at the bar. She and I were talking, and he just walked up and started staring at her tits. He said he was trying to read her shirt. He asked her name, and then went on his way. Apparently, I am invisible. I mean, it was rude enough to interrupt us when we were obviously deep in conversation, but to just totally ignore the friend? Isn't that kind of not a good way to get on a chick's good side? I asked her if it had been a while since she had been hit on in a bar. She said she didn't ever really go out that often, so she wasn't quite sure how to handle herself. She did good though. I told her my friend Aimee gets hit on all the damn time when we go out, and the very first thing she does when the guy won't scram is pull out a picture of her twins. Usually the guy will continue on until she basically turns around so her back is to him. That's when they usually turn towards me and start in. Nice. I have always felt like the bouncer when I go out with my friends!!

One of our friends couldn't make it. His girlfriend had a birthday that weekend as well, so they were at a concert. But, sweetheart that he is, he sent the birthday girl a text message. It made her evening!

We came home and I decided it was time to fall asleep when I noticed it was starting to get light outside. We slept until about 12:30, then both got up. I wish we could have left the house and done something fun, but I couldn't talk the better half into it. I wish I had planned ahead a little bit better and thought of something exciting! Instead, I stayed in my pajamas all day until it was time to pick up the kids at 6:00.

The kids did great - we are definitely going to let them spend the night more often!

3 Comments:

  • Something fun? Is there anything better than sitting around in your pajamas not chasing/feeding/yelling at/playing with/etc. kids for one day?

    By Blogger KOM, at 9:31 AM  

  • Oh, I don't know, going outside on a beautiful day without kids/ strollers/ diapers/ bottles/ sippy cups / worrying about naps/ etc.!

    By Blogger Robyn, at 4:31 PM  

  • Goddess bless the woman who can use the word "tits."

    By Blogger Kingfisher, at 2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home