Borderline Retarded

Friday, July 14, 2006

Do you ever have one of those things that happen to you, and you say "why did that just have to happen?" Usually I think that when I'm walking around, minding my own business then BAM!! I break my toe on the leg of the coffee table. Or, hit my funny bone while drying off after taking a shower. There was no good reason for that.... Why God? Why?

Well, Sunday night I got home with the kids from my parents house kind of late. It was pitch dark outside, and I had to move the playpen from the van to the Honda so I could take it back to my brother-in-law's house for the baby.

It must have been a combination of the the branches that had grown way too long, and the strong wind blowing down from the hills that did it. I was bent over in the trunk moving the stroller to make room for the playpen when suddenly the trunk slammed right into the top of my head. I didn't even know what had happened at first. I sat right down on the ground rubbing my head and crying like a baby. I have been told and feel sometimes like I have a high threshold for pain. The uncontrollable crying is what really got me. I couldn't stop! I tried to , but I couldn't. Suddenly, two neighbors out walking their dogs were there asking if I was OK. I sounded like my 2 year old son trying to tell a grown up what happened. They asked if they should get some help from inside the house. I assured them I was all right, and they continued on their way. I finished up my business, hand firmly holding up the trunk this time, and tried to calm myself down. But Damn, that really hurt!

I walked back into the house trying really hard to compose myself. But I started balling again just as I walked in the door. My husband asked if I was OK, and I said "No, I'm not OK!" Oh, what he must have thought about me right then I don't want to know! I quickly explained what happened. I was able to calm down as the pain subsided. I did grow myself a nice goose-egg on top of my head though.

I ended up not sleeping well that night, and feeling a bit nauseous when I woke up Monday morning. I decided not to go into work, which was a very hard decision because I have no personal days left. We only get 2 days per year, and I already used up my vacation time when I had the baby. But, by 11:00 or so I felt much better.

The bump is finally gone, but the top of my head is still sore and tender.

I have precious few brain cells left - I am going to see if I can make it through the next few days without any major head trauma!

5 Comments:

  • Ouch!! :(

    By Blogger Crafty Japan, at 8:43 PM  

  • ooh poor head! i do stuff like that just as often too - i don't know how many times lately I have gotten out of my car and hit my head HARD. You'd think after 9 years you'd get the hang of where the roof is...

    I hope your head feels much more bettererer :)))

    By Blogger Squishi, at 6:36 AM  

  • Ooooo, I'm so sorry! I do that stuff to. I had one really hard bump the the head that started me crying as well when I forgot that the cabinet doors above the toilet in our new bathroom open right above one. Don't feel bad about the crying; I think that's a pretty hard-wired response to pain. Hope you are feeling better.

    By Blogger BadassMama, at 9:29 AM  

  • Oh! Poor baby! Nothing hurts more, or is scarier than, a crack to the noggin.

    I hope you are okay, with no concussion, lasting headaches, or dizziness. Let Kom handle stuff for a while.

    My sincerest best,

    Kingfisher

    By Blogger Kingfisher, at 2:29 PM  

  • I like the new look. But could you please make the font a little bigger. Its a bit hard to read with all those dots.

    Robyn

    By Blogger Bobbie, at 2:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home