Borderline Retarded

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Rocky


We have such a cool cat. His name is Rocky. He is a black long haired giant of a kitty. He is probably the most mellow animal I have ever met. We got him from friends of my sister-in-law. They were moving across country and trying to pare down their animal entourage. We took him in because he is an outdoor/indoor kitty. When the other two cats hiss at him, he just looks at them like they are a kitten having a hissy fit. He could soooo take them out with one swipe, but he never does.

The people that had him before adopted him from a pet shelter because they had a rat / mouse problem, and he is an excellent mouser. He always takes his kill outside, and he cleared their pest problem right up. Well, we don't have any problems with mice, I thought.

Last night just before we went to bed, Rocky came bounding in from the garage with something in his mouth. I looked at it, and realized it was a mouse. He came prancing into the living room meowing while clutching this little mouse in his mouth. I got up, and opened the sliding door to the backyard, and he took off. I am assuming he gave the mouse a proper burial and I won't find teeny tiny bones in the litter box!

Our other cat, Sonja came waltzing out a couple of minutes later. I looked at her and said "where's your mouse?" Not surprisingly she kept walking and directly fell asleep on my pillow.

I am stoked that Rocky hasn't lost his touch. I had actually worried that we had a mouse because there was something resembling mouse turds under the kitchen sink. I never did hear back from the hubby on what he thought that was though. I loke to pretend it isn't what I think. But, I feel much better knowing we have a cat who can actually earn his keep around here!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home