Borderline Retarded

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Phew..... I feel so much better now! I was looking at a few of the last posts, and it appears I am yelling at everybody!

I like this template, and I will stick with it for now.

My kidney is feeling much better - not 100% yet. I had a bladder infection that spread to my right kidney. I hate when that happens.

I'm not in too good of a mood today. This is a rare occurance for me, but it seems to be happening more frequently. Actually, I think I am just sad and bummed out today. I would rather be home with my family than at work. I had to pry my 2 year old off my leg to leave the house this morning, and it almost brought me to tears. He was so sad, and I know he was fine 30 seconds after I left, but I was not fine.

I have been feeling crappy for about 4 weeks now, it seems to be one thing after another. Other than pregnancy, I have never gone such a long stretch feeling poorly. It's hard to keep your spirits high and your mood friendly when you just want to go home and crawl into bed.

One thing I have done to help turn things around is to start cooking again. I love to cook, and I haven't done much since returning to work full time. I am also trying to keep track of the food I eat in a diary, to make sure I'm not eating too much every day. I printed out a list of activities that will burn 100 calories, and I'm going to put it up in the kitchen. I know that losing some weight will help me feel better, mentally and physically. It just seems so hard!

One thing I noticed on all these lists they never tell you how many calories you burn having sex. What a bunch pf prudes!! Imagine how happier some couples would be with some positive motivation. "Look honey, woman on top of man love will burn 250 calories!" I guess I'll just have to write those in.

5 Comments:

  • Au contraire, mon ami!

    "The Dieter's Guide To Weight Loss During Sex" was a big seller when I worked in a book store in the early 80's. I'm sure you can find a copy of it on Amazon or somewhere.

    BTW, the only part of it I remember was "avoiding the wet spot" ranked high on calorie loss.

    Or just screw it (heh, heh.) Do some experimenting on your own and track the empirical evidence.

    LP - you owe me.

    By Blogger Kingfisher, at 5:23 PM  

  • I am so getting that book!

    By Blogger Robyn, at 8:10 AM  

  • Cooking might help with the weight loss, especially if you cook things you enjoy. If you enjoy your food, you feel better when you eat and don't over eat as a result. At least that's the theory.

    And your boobs are not defective, just more decorative than functional.

    By Blogger Helen, at 10:11 AM  

  • I like this format as well. It does feel more comfortable, although for the life of me I couldn't tell you why.

    By Blogger Moxie Cotton, at 10:12 AM  

  • Hey! =)

    I use this site when I want to count calories - its actually very useful.

    Cheer up buttercup! :)

    http://www.calorie-count.com/

    By Blogger Desiree, at 9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home