Borderline Retarded

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

I Forgot!!

New Baby turned over all by himsalef for the first time on Sunday.

Yay New Baby!

Unfortunately, Daddy missed it, and we have not yet seen a repeat performance. This means I'm going to have to start looking out for a roly-poly baby rolling his way around the house. I remember Old Baby at that age. We had such a small apartment, he didn't have very far to roll! He started crawling the week before Mother's Day, but it was this inch-worm type thing; he didn't actually start crawling on his hands and knees for a couple of months. He always looked like he was flying with his head held up and arms straight out and feet kicking in the air behind him!

I have been bringing the baby in with me every morning when I drop Old Baby off at daycare. Ms. Mary always says New Baby is getting "big and juicy". She (jokingly) asked me what I fed him, and I said "steak and eggs mostly". She thought that was pretty funny!

I can't remember if I posted after New Baby's 4 month check up, and I can't be bothered to check right now, but he weighed in at 18 pounds, 11 ounces. I need to weigh him again this weekend to make sure he hasn't reached maximum capacity in his baby seat, which is 20 pounds. I never dreamed a baby could actually outweigh a baby seat! That also means a trip to the store to buy another car seat. We have two already, but it would be nice for New Baby's babysitter to have one, and not drag the car seat in and out of my car every day.

My parents aren't going to recognize him when they get back from their trip in 3 weeks!

3 Comments:

  • 18 lbs 11 oz!!!!! Wow, that's a big boy. He's about as big as my 6 month old and we thought he was too big. We finally bought a new car seat last week.

    Congrats on the new milestone. I never imagined that each little thing a baby does can be so exciting.

    By Blogger Jomama, at 5:34 AM  

  • Hooray for New Baby!

    That's very very clever!

    By Blogger Squishi, at 2:10 AM  

  • Well congratulations, New Baby! All of those steaks & eggs are doing wonders! *grin*

    By Blogger PSUMommy, at 4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home