Borderline Retarded

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Diarrhea, cha cha cha.

I knew it!!

Thank you, God, for keeping me humble and reminding me that I am a sinner.

Things were going so well, and I just had to brag about it.

3:00 am Tuesday morning rolled around, and poor little old Robyn was sicker than a dog. We're talking Depeche Mode Cowboy here!

Even in my sickly state, I was still brought to joy by this announcement from my 2 year old son, "Mommy, I pooped". He patted his little backside while informing me of his condition. He has never let me know when he needed a diaper changed before. This was huge! Well, it just goes to show that I am easily excitable.

Unfortunately I still needed to drag my ass into work. There was so much paperwork to enter before payroll could be sent. It would have been nearly impossible to try and explain everything over the phone to Maria. It was 10:30 before I left the house. I made it to work without any problems. I was pretty miserable once I got there though. The stomach cramps were terrible. I stuck it out until the final payroll hours were sent in at 1:00, then I split. I was afraid I was going to have to pull over in the middle of Jamison Canyon to be sick, but luckily there was a big empty plastic soda cup in the car from an A's game. I should probably throw that out.

I stopped at the grocery store and bought some soup and crackers, and Pepto Bismol. I made it home. I ate a little soup. I slammed some Pepto. I went to bed.

After sleeping for about three hours, I woke up feeling much better. I only had a few queasy moments the rest of the night.

My sister-in-law called us later that evening to let us know everyone in their house was sick as well. It sounded like the same bug I had.

So, I ended up dropping new baby off twice this week with my brother-in-law. After such a good start, the rest of the week has totally gone to crap!

4 Comments:

  • That's a great sign! But, um, before you get too excited- it may take a while yet. Unless you're one of those lucky ones who's kid just, one day, decides he's going to be potty trained and that's it. In which case, I don't like you at all. ;)

    So sorry about the sick thing...I hope its a quick one!

    By Blogger PSUMommy, at 12:08 PM  

  • I have to say I really hate the latest Pepto ads. I feel bad for the actors, who have to dance around holding their privates.

    By Blogger Shamus O'Drunkahan, at 11:25 AM  

  • Hi there,

    I'm a newcomer to your site, maybe a couple of months now...

    Congratulations on your new baby; commiserations on your 'bug'. Once you're feeling a little better, I was wondering if you could pass on the link to the baby counter you were using before. It was so cute! :)

    Thanking you,

    Mel

    By Blogger Crafty Japan, at 8:13 PM  

  • ooh icky sickness. Icky. I hope you feel better already

    But letting you know he'd pooped? He deserves a medal and a new toy.... i CAN see why you'd be excited!!

    :))

    By Blogger Squishi, at 5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home