Borderline Retarded

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Nobody puts Baby in a corner

One of my co-workers, Ms. K., has asked me to review some songs she wrote. It seems that a musician, who will remain nameless, has said he would take a look at one of her songs, and she needed some help to pick one. She said she would take a poll and release the results at the end of the week.

I chose "Once Again", mostly because it doesn't contain the word "baby" until the 5th verse. It is very well written, and I think it would make a great song. If only Johnny Cash were still alive.

I didn't choose "Big Black Bag" because it was basically a rap song about "The Wizard of Oz". I was kind of put off by the word "bullshit". It's hard to rhyme and is kind of tacky.

"Don't Fall in Love Without Me" and "Let Me In" were crossed right off the list because the word "baby" is used 25 times. Also, there is the regrettable use of the word "shit".

It will be interesting to see how everyone else in the office voted.

*Update - Ms. K. wrote another song yesterday. It is almost as good as "Once Again", and as a bonus, it doesn't have the word "baby" in it AT ALL! She does however use the word "Sugar" towards the end which made me twitch slightly. I am sticking with my origianl choice of "Once Again".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home